Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

» ☆ Newbie ☆ » Hobby » Writing!

Writing!

+18
chazkame
Shi-koi
Fiehumbuggery
erasable
Hikaru
nkaujlig
bibi
hikafuumi_shiouri
fishfisheateat
Habanera
imustbeinsane
rmr34
nutmegan
redtiger08
.Dollz
Dream_Lights
Ayumi
happyvampyre
22 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Writing! Empty Writing! Sun May 18, 2008 6:03 pm

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

Hey, any other writers out there? What genres do you write, how, have any rituals?

I always listen to music, and write from beginning to end. I write fantasy and urban fantasy. I can't seem to get a firm enough grip on real life to write realistic fiction. ;)

2Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed May 28, 2008 11:28 am

Ayumi

Plum
Plum

i love to write love stories.. but in the end, i like to make the ending tragic cuz i do think happy ever after ending is common nowadays XDD i kinda have the hobby to write my stories like that until my friend said i'm a cruel person to make the ending so tragic. LOL

3Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Dream_Lights

Dream_Lights
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I like to write some stories sometimes but always end up having about 20 - 50 mistake when editing.

4Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:53 pm

.Dollz

.Dollz
Pineapple
Pineapple

I like to write fantasy/romance stories. I have everything in my laptop and I will send them to fanfiction to get some opinions. When I edit, I have mistakes. But not alot.

5Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 pm

redtiger08

Plum
Plum

I really enjoy writing 'words' that sound good together. I love writing long plots and complicated problems....but I hate endings to anything, so I rarely end my stories. I am never satisfied with anything I write, and often times the work that I feel is the least admirable is commened. I wonder if I have a lack of ideas, or I just lack the desire to have an 'end'. Anyway, I like to write a lot of fantasy, but then in the end the present day reality stuff is easiest to write because you don't need to set the scene. Doesn't it seem hard to have to make your own world and actually have your character live in something that even you, the creator have not discovered everything about the world? I often enjoy making my protagonist a headstrong girl who is never helpless - good at fighting =D

6Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:33 pm

nutmegan

nutmegan
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

Wow, happyvampyre, I'm sorry I forgot to write in this post... Sad totally didn't see it at all...

I like to write, well I love to write. I try to write supernatural with vampires, but I tend to write realistic fiction that has the air of "that's never happened or will ever happen". But it seems believable somehow. I also write kick-butt poetry.

7Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Dream_Lights

Dream_Lights
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

lucky, always had trouble in poetry.....one of the wrost in class, can't think of anything
but one of the best in writing stories

8Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 am

rmr34

rmr34
Plum
Plum

I love writing, mostly Romance stories. So far I have 1 complete, and 5 ongoing, and more on the way, and some I'm thinking on writing. All of them can be found here : Ruth Minamino's Stories
I also write fanfic.
I don't really have a ritual. I just write whatever pops in my head, and use Works for spelling and grammar mistakes, which I have a lot if I don't type it in works. ^^;
I do listen to music, sometimes.

The genres I write: Romance, all my stories are or have romances with the male lead hero. Fantasy. Gender Bender, I have two new stories I am writing that are gender benders. XD If you like Vampires, I have one story that you might like. I'm also thinking of branching out into Time traveling, and other genres with romance as the center point in the story.
I mostly like doing my stories in 1st pov, but I'm trying to do 3rd pov also.
I hope some of you might be interested in reading my stories. I hope so.
^^

http://ruthloveskurama.myspace.com

9Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:56 pm

imustbeinsane

imustbeinsane
Plum
Plum

I like to start novels, but I rarely get past the introduction. It pretty much has to be fantasy and a female narrator (although one of the stories, the narrator isn't really the main character). I also like to write short stories although these can be just about any genre (except horror and suspence; don't have the knowledge for horror or skill for suspence).
And when I write, I need epic movie soundtracks (like LOTR) or just Classical music.

10Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Habanera

Habanera
Pineapple
Pineapple

I write any genres. LOL

I just write when I feel like it XD

especially when I am listening to music, it depends on the mood of the song I am listening to<

But most of my stories are cats and dogs in human form >.<

(which I drew some Firepaw manhwas LOL)

11Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:35 pm

fishfisheateat

fishfisheateat
Strawberry
Strawberry

i sometimes write but never seem to have the time nowadays...
mostly fantasy and zero manga

http://www.freewebs.com/21things

12Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:24 am

hikafuumi_shiouri

Plum
Plum

I do love to write but I'm not to confidence in my writing. I feel that it makes no sense to others. So instead of writing stories I focus more into writing poetry. Whatever comes to mind I can write, but my mind seems to be a bit dark sometimes. Stressed

13Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 am

fishfisheateat

fishfisheateat
Strawberry
Strawberry

theres never any sense in stories! except fro the boring ones

http://www.freewebs.com/21things

14Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 pm

bibi

bibi
Plum
Plum

I used to write love stories, I even began to draw a manga based on that story. But it never got an end, coz i'm too lazy to finish it. I usually look at beautiful pictures and then imagine if my protagonists were there, what would they do and think about. Music was used to get on the right mood to draw.

15Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:39 am

nkaujlig

nkaujlig
Plum
Plum

I love to write stories! It fascinates me and I can get my ideas out on a piece of paper or on word... though I sometimes have a rough time getting out the details in my head. haha... but I still try my best in writing my stories! Happy

http://www.myspace.com/sakura_kyouju

16Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Hikaru

Hikaru
Strawberry
Strawberry

well I write love story sometimes when I'm really really bored! cause I have nothing to do! it always end up one of them dieing cause I love the stories which makes me cry Sad so that I will take all of my stress in crying Stressed

http://angel015.angels@hotmail.com

17Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:43 pm

erasable

Plum
Plum

I write action, but mostly prefer to read psychological. I don't usually listen to music b/c then I'll get carried away and forget my real life duties.

18Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Fiehumbuggery

Plum
Plum

I write fantasy mostly these days, though I started off with a science fiction story. I've evolved over the years and my current subject matter is usually an uncensored, non-sugar-coated portrayal of life as a whole. I make it a point of writing not only the good, but also the bad. No characters are perfect, for each one has their own complexes and scars on their minds and hearts.

As for processes, since I write fantasy, I've done things like sketch maps, come up with a rough outline for a syllabic language, kept a database of officers, staff, characters etc. Character profiles are important as well, I usually use a list of over 100 questions to answer about your characters. You probably never use all the answers to those questions, but it gives the author a firmer grasp on them as they write. Helps avoid shallow, paper-thin characters.

19Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Shi-koi

Shi-koi
Plum
Plum

I tend to write action, because I'm utterly hopeless at writing comedy, and I hate writing tragedy. I can do romance if people don't mind dramatic, action-filled slow-moving romance, but on the whole, I think my niche is action with a sprinkling of adventure and only a dash of drama/romance/fluff.

I have trouble writing anything short. I also have a terrible time updating anything, even if I've finished writing it. I just never seem to get around to actually uploading it like I should.

I write mostly yaoi/BL/shonen-ai and gen fics with no pairings. I've only written two yuri/shoujo-ai fics, which I haven't posted anywhere because they're not finished and only one het fic. --long sigh--

I have a lot of fandoms I dabble in, mostly manga/anime, but also in a few other places, like Harry Potter and Smallville (albeit only in crossovers). I've done the bulk of my work in the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto fandoms, with a bit more in the Katekyo Hitman REBORN! fandom. I've also been trying my hand at RPS, and the last NaNoWriMo project I did was 50k words based around KAT-TUN (the J-Pop boyband)...which I've never actually posted because I still haven't gotten around to editing it yet. --droops--

I like reading fics with a happy ending, even if the journey is rough and painful. If ot's a tragedy-fic, or a deathfic, I'll avoid it unless it's been rec'd to me, or is written by a favourite author.

http://shi-koi.livejournal.com/

20Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun May 02, 2010 6:45 am

chazkame

Plum
Plum

hehehe i'm a very bad, untalented writer, i have so many ideas in my head but whenever i want to put them on a paper, they'r all racing to be put on it, so errr very messy lol
But i love fictions, especially the action, drama kind but with well inserted humor (even if its sarcastic) to live up the stories. ^^

21Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 pm

saikyi

Plum
Plum

I enjoy writing, especially fantasy. i like scifi too, but i'm not very good with technology. ^.^' i would love to write a serious story, but it always turns out humor. i dont know why. but thats it i guess

22Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Fly

Fly
Plum
Plum

I love to write, i used to did a lot of fics a few years ago, stopped publishing and now i feel like i lost the touch >_<.. I like to listen a song with a very good sound and try to give to the story the same vibe, make it fit. But first of all i started writing a title and then make a story. I love sad endings cos they are more memorable than happy ones. And i always want depth in my writing :3.

23Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 am

carlyxjack

Plum
Plum

I love writing very much, even if my english is not that great. They are most love stories or about daily life.
I intend to become better at writing Wink

24Writing! Empty Re: Writing! Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 am

sleepless

Plum
Plum

hi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

» ☆ Newbie ☆ » Hobby » Writing!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum