Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Bird

+23
kleio
yuki00214
SiDE
Sis_mariacute
Alicia
moonbunny7
Serafimangel
EYEMAZE
libraryrocker
iAoi
shadowhearts
oki-nichan
erasable
ralphsmum
gatita
kagomilee
soh20
yuna37
bvanessa
happyvampyre
whyanime
Vilya
jinx_you
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Black Bird Empty Black Bird Wed May 21, 2008 1:29 am

jinx_you

Plum
Plum

Black Bird I16470
Mangaka: Sakurakouji Kanoko
Volumes: 2 (ongoing)
Genre: Action, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural
Summary: "The world is full of mysterious "things," but life keeps on going peacefully because no one can see them--except Misao. Harada Misao has the special power to see these "things," but she doesn't tell anybody and tries to continue leading a happy high school life. Though she's jealous of her friends who have boyfriends, she's just like a normal teenage girl as she keeps having dreams about a boy she met when she was younger who has the same power as she does. Her mundane life suddenly changes when goblins try to eat her, and her old friend Kyo comes back to protect her from them. Then, she finds out that she is personally being sought out as goblin food and that Kyo is a goblin, too. Will she still marry him like they promised when they were children, based on her faith in him that he has no bad intentions towards her? Will she even be safe at school now that Kyo has become her new homeroom teacher? Her exciting teenage life is just about to begin."

Another awesome supernateral genre based manga.. I actually read a few of the raws.. but unfortunately, they were of poor quality. So I'm excited to say, that two (wonderful) scanlation groups have decided to make a joint project of it! Yay! *does a little dance* Anyways, this is definitely a great manga. I'm seriously engrossed into the storyline and plot. Which actually occurred within the first few pages.. And the artwork.. beautifully done. But one of my most favorite things about this manga.. has to be the male main character.. due to the fact that he's a pervert Tengu. Ever since reading (and loving) Love Monster I've had a serious weak spot for them (perverted Tengus). And Kyo is definitely one of them (and bishie also for those that are obessed for 'em lol). If you've been looking for a great manga lately, this is one I'd definitely recommend checking out. It has a great storyline, entwined with romance and supernatural occurances.. beautiful artwork, and great characters. I seriously can't wait to finish this one. Also, if you've gotten sucked in by this one, I'd definitely would recommend checking out Sakurakouji's other works as well (there's a few other must reads).

2Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Vilya

Vilya
Pineapple
Pineapple

Ah...both romance and supernatural in the same manga also by one of my favorite mangaka's Sakuraouji-sensei. Personally, I love this manga all the scene's between Misao and Kyo :heart: make me so happy! I like this art style a bit more than Love Monster and the characters are really interesting.

3Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Fri May 30, 2008 9:49 pm

whyanime

whyanime
Pineapple
Pineapple

I like this manga, though it kind of reminds me of Love Monster. It's a slow release, so I tend to lose interest. It's your typical, "he loves me, he loves me not", story with a stupid heroine who just so happens to have the upperhand, and for some reason all the guys want her.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of these manga's with heroine that are weak, clumsy, helpless, virgins who always push their boyfriends (which they love sooo much) away. ugh!

4Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Sat May 31, 2008 9:36 am

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I feel exactly like whyanime... It's too typical to hold my interest.

5Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 am

bvanessa

bvanessa
Plum
Plum

I like too this shoujo but it's true that it'as quite typical... There is less originality in the shoujo at this moment! So sad

6Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 pm

yuna37

yuna37
Plum
Plum

I have enjoyed reading this series. However, I don't think that the main guy is very good looking. He looks kind of silly with his beak when he turns into his true form (crow demon). But I do agree that the releases are slow, and interest in the story tends to wane because of it.

7Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 am

soh20

Plum
Plum

i like it
his true form is pretty cool too

8Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 am

kagomilee

Plum
Plum

too smutty... but I like it... his drawings are really cool

9Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:09 pm

gatita

Plum
Plum

I don't really like the drawings, but I really love the story so I still read it. I like everything that's supernatural!

10Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:32 am

ralphsmum

Plum
Plum

This is a wonderful manga in my opinion!. I think it's one of the best that Sakurakouji Kanoko has ever done, and it reminds me a little of Love Monster!. But it's so romantic!, and I'm a hopeless sucker for romantic manga! lol.

11Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:23 pm

erasable

Plum
Plum

It's a great manga. on my "keep" list. I just wish that it would update more often. I have to keep rereading chapters b/c I've already forgotten what the plot was.

12Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm

oki-nichan

Plum
Plum

I really like this manga (prob due to artwork and her other works as well since I don't actually know much about the story - come on, can some one pls take up the project). Can't wait for the new releases.

13Black Bird Empty RE:Black Bird Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 am

shadowhearts

Plum
Plum

It's just amazing!! Although Kyo is a little pervert he is kinda cool

14Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:05 pm

iAoi

iAoi
Plum
Plum

whyanime summed up my feeling exactly. .___. I'm really tired of the airhead heroines.

15Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 am

libraryrocker

Plum
Plum

I love this manga, but I really think there's some translation problem somewhere.  Regardless, I'm just glad that somebody's scanslating it at all!!!

16Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 am

EYEMAZE

EYEMAZE
Plum
Plum

i like this manga ! there were one part that bothered me.... that part where Kyo turns into bird thingy X___D sorry but it was a bit amusing ^^"

17Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:54 am

Serafimangel

Plum
Plum

i agree the whole beak bit was a little weird, and she wasn't freaked out at all. It's quite a good shoujo compared to some others out there which follow such a defined pattern that there is no real reason reading it after the first three pages.

18Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 pm

moonbunny7

Plum
Plum

I find it interesting so far. I agree that the beak thing is a little strange. But it sort of makes the manga stand out.

19Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Alicia

Alicia
Plum
Plum

i like it but the heroine acts stupids sometimes........
oh well...^.^ it's still interesting

20Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Sis_mariacute

Sis_mariacute
Plum
Plum

Woah!!! This's a nice manga but just a little bit smut after he make love to her. In this time the content of BB was great. The new chap is 44 I'm lookimg chap 45 I wonder what will happen then.

21Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:27 pm

SiDE

Plum
Plum

This one of my Series I haven't been keeping up with. Reminds me of Love Monster... Very good and mysterious.

22Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:04 pm

yuki00214

yuki00214
Plum
Plum

WOW I really like this manga series it's sssssssssssooooooooo interesting I can't wait for more!!! Love

23Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 am

kleio

Plum
Plum

I love Sakurokoji Kanoko's works. Especially this one. I can't wait for the next chapter

24Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 pm

fan101

Plum
Plum

It was a nice series. I didnt really like the supernatural theme.

25Black Bird Empty Re: Black Bird Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:16 am

bunny

Plum
Plum

i loove this story and i don't find it that typical since the story is quite orinal but the releases are soo slow and it realy kills the joy of reading it...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum