Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

do you like your parents?

+17
Labellelle
pilipinoy
lylu
Emberlene
xxanimexx
blub
Lilith
Candi
fishfisheateat
imustbeinsane
StarlightDreams
Vilya
aznmelon
avenia
nutmegan
happyvampyre
KiKi_burgers
21 posters

do you like ur parents?

do you like your parents? Vote_lcap41%do you like your parents? Vote_rcap 41% [ 11 ]
do you like your parents? Vote_lcap11%do you like your parents? Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
do you like your parents? Vote_lcap22%do you like your parents? Vote_rcap 22% [ 6 ]
do you like your parents? Vote_lcap15%do you like your parents? Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
do you like your parents? Vote_lcap11%do you like your parents? Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1do you like your parents? Empty do you like your parents? Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:28 am

KiKi_burgers

KiKi_burgers
Strawberry
Strawberry

Ok I recently discovered that my mom doesn’t care about me but loves the idea of me. she likes the idea of having a daughter, and by that I mean a girlish type thing. which for those who haven’t noticed im not all that feminent.

I love fighting video games bloody seens im movies and even like wearing boy clothes (witch im not allowed to do) splashing in puddles (not sure why im just special) arguing drawling on myself (not allowed to not even a small smiley face on my hand).

what my mom wants me to like is; shopping (and I do just not with her cause the amount of suppressed frustration building up in me puts me to sleep) romantic comedies (ewwww no not realistic at all and I want to punch every one in them) tennis (ok I might like tennis had I not been forest in to it since I was old enough for lessons. can anyone honestly like something that was forest on them) horse back riding (im afraid of horses ok idk y I just am) and some other random crap that I hate

she constantly telling me that I should dress like a girl and maybe I don’t but I do tenicly buy clothes from "girl stores" and if I dressed "nicely" (not T-shirts) I would probably ruin them by my other hobbies some of which I probably forgotten to right down, or it would just be inappropriate to start ninja fighting in a skirt or fencing in idk like a polo or something.

but my question is has your mom ever directly said to you in front of ur friends or just at all something like:

"OH CHLOE! I wish you were my daughter" reasoning behind this Chloe takes horse back riding lessons

"Laura all you ever wear are T-shirts why cant you dress like Rachel?" and y yes I like how Rachel dresses even if Rachel handed my her entire closet I probably wouldn’t be allowed to wear any of it (cause most of it is low cut. so she should just shut up about that)

"Karen gets such good grades and actually studies and try's hard. Why cant you be like that?"

Oh and she keeps telling me that I should be all these stupid jobs that I would hate but try’s to make it sound like she’s thinking of me like...
"Laura your so good at debating and you love animals why don’t you be a lawyer when you grow up to help protect the wild life? You would be so good at it! I think I found your propose in life!" NO YOU DIDN’T THREES NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD WANT A DESK JOB AND I DON’T WANT TO BE A LAWYER SO NO YOU DIDN’T!

and worst of all when she says these thing she doesn’t realize there hurting me. She actually dose think she’s doing something to better me and that’s all the more depressing. when ever I tell her I don’t want something (like horse back riding lessons or new clothes that she picked out) I say no and she has to say the same thing every time "Laura your breaking my heart I try to do all these nice thing for you and u don’t even care"

she dosent even let me read fanticy books i have to hide them from her. and yet she wonders why i dont talk to her?

well that great but if you really fucking cared about me then you wouldn’t keep trying to change who I am. she doesn’t love me she loves the idea of "me" and its sickening. I like who I am and im not changing for any one.

2do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 am

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I feel your pain in many aspects. You know that my parents SERIOUSLY piss me off, but my situation isn't like yours.

My parents are both short tempered, and so am I. While my parents get bursts of hot, swift anger (imagine fireworks) I am different. I get angry just as easily as they do, but my anger is more intense, like an inferno in a blacksmith's furnace. And my anger doesn't dissapate, ever. I have actually clenched my fists so hard while listening to them blow up at me that I have drawn blood. Because if I say something to them, and they don't like it, I have to put up with their screams for hours more, threats of never being able to see certain friends again, and public humiliation. Yes, they have done this in front of my friends, and in public.

In order to keep myself from just breaking out in screams, I have developed the habit of clenching my fists or digging my nails into my legs or arms, or adopting a stone-faced mask. My parents hate this, because I don't show any emotion when I do that, but it is the one way that I can keep myself from hitting them or just screaming at them and telling them to shut the fuck up.

Recently, I have started releasing my frustrations on other things. Such as my books, my bed posts, and, on occasion, friends.

My parents think that they're pretty chill and calm, but that is not the case. For example, I have told them repeatedly that I don't get reception on my cellphone when I'm at certain places. Like, say, KiKi's house or school. Yet if they can't get a hold of me, when I call them, they will start yelling at me. Last year I was walking to one of my friend's houses after school, and I wanted to talk with another one of my friends that live nearby him, so the friend I was walking with left. A little while longer, my mother actually hunted me down and dragged me off before I could even say good-bye to my friend. My father doesn't do stuff like that, but he is much more strict and is constantly yelling at me about my "attitude."

My parents also don't understand my personality. They think that me being dramatic and sarcastic is just a phase, just like how my love for everything black and mysterious is "a phase." What they fail to understand is that I have like stuff like that for basically my entire life, ever since I discovered fantasy novels at the age of six. They also think that many of my opinions are due to "teenage angst." Once again, I have been sarcastic and "cynical" since the slightly older age of eight; I just hid it from them really well.

And my opinion of them changes constantly. For instance, right now I don't hate them. In a few hours, I may.

Last edited by happyvampyre on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

3do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:18 pm

nutmegan

nutmegan
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I don't think my parents are the "cool" people that everyone says they are. All of my friends always see the nice, sweet mom that she SOMETIMES is. But it just pisses me off that she can be yelling at my brother and I but then when the phone rings she switches to "Sweet" mode.

My dad is alright to me, but he blows up at my brother at every mistake he makes. That pisses me off because he can't just treat one kid good but the other one not. Even if it is me, I think it's unfair.

Like happyvampyre and KiKi_burger, they think that my entire personality is a fake, like one day I'll wake up and be an "average girl". They think that my love of dark things and ideals is just a silly phase caused by hormones or bad influences.

Damn, will they get a surprise when I turn legal.

4do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:12 am

avenia

avenia
Plum
Plum

okay i said they're ok i mean we don't exactly agree with anything at all but they are ok, sure they get on my nerves and everything almost all of the time but like they say i know that they have the best interest in heart and i always try to think about that that when they get on my nerves which is like almost all of the time like i said but they can be pretty cool, okay maybe not cool but not uncool either oh well you know parents,just parents who are ok sometimes and annoying sometimes Disappointed

5do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:41 pm

aznmelon

Plum
Plum

I like my mom more than my dad because my dad is just too picky with anything. For example: I don't want to go Downtown to buy stuff and he gets all angry and every little thing sets him off, like if the remote isn't right next to him when he sits donw on the couch.

My mom is way cooler because she actually understand that if i don't want to go then i don't and won't get really angry, but i do get a long with my dad....sometimes.

6do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Vilya

Vilya
Pineapple
Pineapple

As I get older it is easier to get along with my parents. By my junior year in high school my mom and I were able to talk like adults and discuss serious issues. My parents are no longer just disciplining my sisters and me but also being our friends as we start our own families (my older sis is already married).

I guess this sort of relationship comes with age, but as I get older I feel more and more secure with myself to were I no longer see my parents as an embarrassment but great people with experience.

Of course, now that I'm in college I can use the excuse "I'm an adult" when certain issues come up. Happy

I'm feeling old now... Stressed

7do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:26 pm

StarlightDreams

StarlightDreams
Plum
Plum

T_T Not at all. Seriously, I don't get along with them, we clash too many times. I have to try very hard to keep my mouth shut around them because they're so annoying and condescending.

8do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 pm

imustbeinsane

imustbeinsane
Plum
Plum

I'm definitally a Daddy's Girl, but lately I've been having issues with my mom. As her only daughter, my mom has suddenly turned super paranoid and super overprotective in the most random ways. Example: I wasn't allowed to go to a Christian music festival a few hours away because I might get raped. If I walk outside after the sun's set (even if it's just a two minute walk to the Student Union) I'm supposed to have someone with me or at least be on the phone. Not that I do.

9do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:05 pm

fishfisheateat

fishfisheateat
Strawberry
Strawberry

yes, same here with the Daddy's Girl business... my mom is great too. But i get along better with my sister than anyone else in the family.

http://www.freewebs.com/21things

10do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:04 pm

Candi

Candi
Plum
Plum

xD That's a funny question.
The only reason I would ever like my dad is cuhs he gives me food e.e
Yeah. Onyl reason.
My mom is...rather...uh...
Well I gotta say:
They're asian.
Lately, I've been asian-failing bio and English.
Yesh, a 89 in bio and 80 in English. They've been screaming and screaming at me to do my work even though I always am.
The one thing I like and look forward to in school are my colorguard practices. Do they care what makes me happy? No.
"Why don-teh yuuh play-yuh ten-nEEs? Wuhy can-teh yuuh bEE smart-ehr?"
I can't help it if I didnt inherit the piano+tennis-playing, sitting-at-home-during-homecoming-to-study, or dress-in-weird-pale-pink-dress-shirts-and-too-short-pink-khaki-pants asian genes that they'd expect me to. Gawd.
For being their kid, I'm actually pretty even-tempered. My parents blow up on the littlest things. It usually starts with
dad: WHY IS THERE A DUSTBUNNY ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO THE KITCHEN SINK?
mom: I didnt see that.
dad: WHY DO I SEE EVERY ------ THING WHILE YOU GUYS ARE ALL ----- IN UR OWN LITTLE -------- WORLDS?
mom: WELL SORRY IF I LOOK AT THE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE MORE THAN THE GROUND
dad: sdlfhlhflh;ahsf;hafl -blow-
So if yall think I'm short-tempered, meet my wonderful parents e.e
And the thing that bothers me the most?
They bother me about who my friends are.
Yeah I dont hang out with the group of tennis/piano-playing, all-honors, or orchestra kids that my parents want me to be. Yeah I have friend that are guys. And yes, all of my friends wear makeup, including me. They bother me about anyone I come into contact with. I remember an assembly where one of my closest guy friends randomly touched my hair a couple of times cuhs he was bored. They exploded on me in front of everyone afterwards called me a whore e.e' Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Now im done ranting :D

11do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 am

Lilith

Lilith
Strawberry
Strawberry

My parents don't argue so much with me... but they do with each other... They argue at least twice a day if not more and then one of them will start sulking and they will each expect me to take their side. Unfortunately they have been doing this since I was 5. So, I never yell at anyone lest they start yelling at me and I now have an inborn aversion to yelling. Basically if yelling starts I'll run away...literally...

12do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:00 pm

blub

Plum
Plum

Yes I love both my parents. My dad can be overbearing, strict and a little mean when he picks up insects we're (my sibling are scared of) and shows it to us. My mom is sweet and she has a cute personality that makes us laugh. They're hardworking and supportive although sometimes it can be taken as pushy.

13do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:13 pm

xxanimexx

Plum
Plum

i love my parents pretty much, yes true parents can be tough and strict with you sometimes but then there are other times where they're considerate and actually cares and jokes, plays around with you. Look around you look at the stuff you had that you might not nessecary need, it's all from parents.

14do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Emberlene

Emberlene
Plum
Plum

I like my parents even though there are times where they can be strict with things, but hey, that's what parents are for. Not to mention the things that they're strict on is basically school and everything, but that's to be expected. Other thatn that, they trust me a lot and know that I won't do anything stupid.

15do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 am

lylu

Plum
Plum

I really love my parents. Sometimes when I'm in a very difficult situation I just think of my family and how much they love me. In a way I start to fell a little bit better, knowing that there are peolple so dear to me who will always wait for me with their arms wide open. Their love is what keeps me alive sometimes...

16do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:34 pm

pilipinoy

Plum
Plum

Of course. We're asian so we got the whole old school family bond thing going.

17do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Labellelle

Labellelle
Plum
Plum

I love my parents. I mean we do have our differences (who doesn't?), but at the end of the day, they're all forgiven and forgotten. I am an only child, so that might also be a reason I'm so close with my parents, especially my mom.

18do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm

kiariz

Plum
Plum

Well I love my mom I get along really well with her. As for my dad not so much since they are divorce and i barely speak with hime since he is another country.

19do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:43 am

Azuma

Plum
Plum

I get along well with both of my parents, my dad and I play golf together regularly (lol golf), probably at least 2-3 times a month at least. Sometimes more depending on different occasions and opportunities.

My mom plays golf too, though she's currently recovering from Trigger finger so doctor doesn't want her playing for the next 6 months or so amongst other things.

Ever since I was little my mom has always been in the 'know' about my hobbies I could actually talk to her about all sorts of animes, models etc and she wouldn't get lost. She always knew the minor differences in all the 'toys' she got me when I was little (e.g. limited edition models, differences between characters etc).

20do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am

rikusama

Plum
Plum

I HATE MY PARENTS THEY SUCK!!

21do you like your parents? Empty Re: do you like your parents? Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 am

bran626

bran626
Plum
Plum

Comparative parents, actually people who do compare other people is definitely not the greatest settling feeling in the world, especially when it's relevant to you. Maybe she fears what others could think about your individuality, which shouldn't be the case ever. Maybe she just doesn't understand. Hopefully the tension has condensed at the time I'm posting this but if it hasn't, just know that sometimes you'll come across people whose mentality never changes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum