Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting mature by age?

+11
peripearl
petramanh
erasable
Omochi
Vilya
moname
aznmelon
nutmegan
happyvampyre
fishfisheateat
dmartins
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting mature by age? Empty Getting mature by age? Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 am

dmartins

Plum
Plum

I feel like I am getting wiser by age.

2Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm

fishfisheateat

fishfisheateat
Strawberry
Strawberry

wiser of course yeah
same here ^^ its great fun

http://www.freewebs.com/21things

3Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:29 pm

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I don't feel that way, because I've always been kind of mature for my age at times, and at others I'm as mature as a shrieking toddler. There is no middle ground for me.

4Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:40 pm

nutmegan

nutmegan
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I'm to ridiculous to get mature, although I do have my moments. I've been to this one store a few times, and every time someone's asked if I worked there. I'm thinking about getting a job there just to say yes to those people.

5Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 am

aznmelon

Plum
Plum

I don't think i mature by age. I think I actually get more immature because i keep acting so stupid compared to my friends. I may actually act older than my age, but that's really rare. Age just makes things so confusing on what you should and shouldn't do when your at a certain age... sigh.

6Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:15 pm

fishfisheateat

fishfisheateat
Strawberry
Strawberry

Age complicates things and I love it. Love it.

http://www.freewebs.com/21things

7Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 pm

moname

Plum
Plum

Time is not the best measuring tool for wisdom, but it does reflect how much you have exposed yourself to the real world. A 14 years old kid (a normal one, not some genius) will look like one for a 30 years old man, but for a 10 years old kid, he is a "senior"

8Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Vilya

Vilya
Pineapple
Pineapple

When I entered high school I felt like I lost all the maturity and intelligence I had in middle school. Everything was suddenly not as black and white, the decisions I made could weren't as straight forward. Also I lost the belief that everything my parents said was right.

Now I realize that this year I'm going to be 20...I feel old and not at all wise. Every single time I take a step forward there are new things to block me. As I mature and face new things in life, I realize that I have such a long way to go. When my sister was my age she was already engaged and going soon to be married...I have yet to meet the right guy.

Maturity is not at all straight forward. The more mature we get, the more we realize how immature we are...

9Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Omochi

Omochi
Plum
Plum

Mature? Me? Maybe sometimes. When the need calls for it, but I'm probably not most of the time. Define 'mature' for me please.

I like embarrassing my family...but not over a certain limit though. I've already decided that I'm going to be that one aunt, that all my future nieces and nephews
think is crazy and embarrassing....but in a fun way...if that's possible.

You can get older and wiser but remain immature forever in my book.
Smile

10Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:46 pm

erasable

Plum
Plum

Mature? I don't think age changes you. I think experiences change you. Moreover, Hardships change you. When things are going your way, you don't fiddle with things, nor should you. If it ain't broke don't fix it. However, If you don't fiddle you won't learn. That's where hardships come in, it's more likely to get better than worse if you fiddle with it, so you fiddle with it, and learn something from the experience.

11Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:45 am

petramanh

petramanh
Plum
Plum

When I was 11 I wished I were 15, but now just want to be a child T_T

12Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:16 pm

peripearl

peripearl
Plum
Plum

A person told me that when you want to be 16 when you're 14, then when you're 16 you want to be 18, and so on until you reach an age where you want to be younger again. For me, I don't think people get more mature with age. There are still some immature people who act like little kids or a child at heart. Actually I'm not sure when people really grow up, even I have my times when I act like a kid.

13Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 pm

kmcc217

Plum
Plum

I don't think you get mature by age. I thinks it's by experience and who you hang out with.

14Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 pm

suien

Plum
Plum

If only that were true. I think first you mature then at a certain age you plateau, believing (although you would never admit it to anyone) that you can't mature any more in thoughts and attitude. Life teaches you much.

15Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 am

story645

Plum
Plum

suien wrote:I think first you mature then at a certain age you plateau, believing (although you would never admit it to anyone) that you can't mature any more in thoughts and attitude,
*shrugs* I think it's more that some people seem more mature than others, because everyone generally inches along their own path slowly so the changes come on gradually. Though I think the whole thing is also sorta overrated.

16Getting mature by age? Empty Re: Getting mature by age? Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:05 pm

la.Gata.Gris

Plum
Plum

I think maturity is equivalent to experience. If you live your life and learn the rules of the society, you'll become mature someday. On the other hand it's about how a particular person is being seen by others. You can be a wise boss among your colleges and a silly child for your grandparents at the same time.

PS: They say - with age comes wisdom? But sometimes age comes all alone Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum