Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

His Dark Materials [The trilogy!]

+2
happyvampyre
Rosalia
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Empty His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Mon May 12, 2008 2:15 am

Rosalia

Rosalia
Plum
Plum

His Dark Materials, a trilogy of fantasy novels by Philip Pullman, comprises Northern Lights (1995 — released as The Golden Compass in North America), The Subtle Knife (1997) and The Amber Spyglass (2000). The trilogy follows the coming of age of two children, Lyra Belacqua and Will Parry, as they wander through a series of parallel universes against a backdrop of epic events. The story involves fantasy elements such as witches and armoured polar bears, but alludes to a broad range of ideas from fields such as physics, philosophy, and theology. Pullman has published further a related short story, "Lyra and the Birds", which appears with accompanying illustrations in the small hardcover book Lyra's Oxford.

It was very interesting to read this three books. I had so much fun but I also cried. I preffer such books from any other

Related: Golden Kompas (The Movie)

Last edited by Rosalia on Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

2His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Empty Re: His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 pm

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I read the His Dark Materials trilogy, and I didn't really like it. I felt obligated to read it, since I had read the Gold Compass, but I felt that the series tried to hard to be against Christianity. I was disappointed, I felt it didn't live up to the hype.

3His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Empty Re: His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:56 pm

fishfisheateat

fishfisheateat
Strawberry
Strawberry

i love this series and it used to be my favorite book (the golden compass)
but yes, the anti-christinanity thing was a little on the strong side
perhaps pullman did it to get attention
(i also dont like the author because he has a problem with Narnia, my CURRENT fave series)
the movie was terrible too, worst soundtrack and the actress was just pitiful

http://www.freewebs.com/21things

4His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Empty Re: His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 pm

nutmegan

nutmegan
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I haven't read it...but my one Gaylord friend read it and he said was really good. Considering reading it...along with about ten other books that I didn't read during eigth grade.

5His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Empty Re: His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:35 am

scribblezo8

scribblezo8
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I watched the golden compass i didnt know it came from this series o.o
Im going to read it later xD
In the golden compass i love the part when the polar bears fight!!
I bet the book will be good too ^_^

http://www.sherbetlemon.heavenforum.com

6His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Empty Re: His Dark Materials [The trilogy!] Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:53 am

Mint Cookie

Mint Cookie
Plum
Plum

It was pretty good, marking out the anti-Christianity bit and stuff, and the ending... He could've made it better

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]