Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

co-ed or single sex schools?

+19
amytsu
shelly
xXxDarkAngelxXx
maoer
elvenchild66
Hikaru
kej
kagomilee
luluchan
yem
Loving_Day
chy
Vilya
nutmegan
.Dollz
orchidpearl
etineski
happyvampyre
unplugged
23 posters

genders?

co-ed or single sex schools? Vote_lcap68%co-ed or single sex schools? Vote_rcap 68% [ 17 ]
co-ed or single sex schools? Vote_lcap12%co-ed or single sex schools? Vote_rcap 12% [ 3 ]
co-ed or single sex schools? Vote_lcap20%co-ed or single sex schools? Vote_rcap 20% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1co-ed or single sex schools? Empty co-ed or single sex schools? Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 am

unplugged

Plum
Plum

What do people think about this?
Like my elementary school was a co-ed boarding school and i thought it was really fun
but my high school is like a private school for girls
and i seriously don't mind that
it's good for things like, i don't have to look nice every day since i'm just around friends and i don't need to keep up appearences in front of guys or whatever

2co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 pm

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I love being part of a co-ed school. Most of the people I get along with best are boys, and being surrounded with girls gets old pretty fast.

I'll just admit it. I really like dressing up and I like boys. Ergo, I love dressing up FOR boys. So, co-ed is really the only way for me.

3co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 am

etineski

Plum
Plum

in regards with this poll i dont mind.. I been in coed and exclusive schools before.. so i did try the two...in my school years... but both of them has disadvantages and advantages...so its up to the student ..

4co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 am

orchidpearl

Plum
Plum

I don't mind really but there are certain conditions with the boy/girl campuses or even just the single-sex campus. However, to be able to intermingle with boys and girls is nice; however, it is nice too if there are only girls on the campus so there wouldn't be any temptation to get into those deep relationships when most young people are not ready for that kind of commitment, because all they're looking in there is fun. School should be about learning in whole realm of things I believe, but unfortunately some schools leave young people alone to their own devices and just focusing on the academic. Same-sex schools could eliminate that, but there's always a set-back here and there.

5co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:59 pm

.Dollz

.Dollz
Pineapple
Pineapple

I'm in a private school that is all girls. My father thinks that if I go to a co-ed, then my mind will be putrid or something like that. But personally, I don't really mind. But sometimes, boys that are in co-ed are sooo IMMATURE. Which is sometimes, I'm grateful for being in a private school. xD

6co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 am

nutmegan

nutmegan
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I think that co-ed schools are more fun, because girls don't always have to be friends with girls. Co-ed schools let girl and boys mingle and have fun.

7co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 am

Vilya

Vilya
Pineapple
Pineapple

I prefer co-ed schools because it gave me experience with talking to both genders. I am from a family with only sisters and aunts so I can be a little uncomfortable around guys. Co-ed schools forces that communication an d saved me the trouble of feeling uncomfortable and being completely inexperienced in college.

8co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 am

chy

Plum
Plum

I don't really mind really. Well, right now, the high school I go to is an only girls school, but that does not really stop me from interacting with guys. You still get to associate with them when you're outside of school so yeah, it's not really that bad. I guess the good thing about an all girls school is that you do not really have to try as hard to impress the guys in the class or feel embarrassed when you do something wrong.

9co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 am

Loving_Day

Loving_Day
Plum
Plum

I'm in a co-ed school which is not so great because all the guys I know are stupid and
I soooooooooo hate the ruby team they are worse more then the other guys I know cuz
more ruder angry

http://mangarden.30.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx

10co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:57 am

yem

Plum
Plum

I think co-ed schools are better since the kids will get more used to beind around each other rather than after they graduate they'll have to adjust then.

11co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 am

luluchan

Plum
Plum

I´m going to an all girl private school and its very fun xD You can talk about everything and not be ashamed

All people are on the rag sometime xDD

12co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:35 am

kagomilee

Plum
Plum

I wanted to be in a all-girls school but my parents don't allow me, so sad~

13co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Fri May 01, 2009 1:11 pm

kej

kej
Plum
Plum

Co-ed would be much better...
Having guys/girls as a friends is great...

14co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:15 am

Hikaru

Hikaru
Strawberry
Strawberry

Co-ed!!! ever since I was a kid I'm in co-ed school.. the only reason for that is I had to be with my brothers..!!! I thought I could get away from my brothers in school but I couldn't Sad!(now I'm so happy since my second eldest bro graduated Excited )

Co-ed is fun but sometimes annoying! I have a classmate of twin whose both guys they are small but annoying!!! I want to kill them but can't 'cause I have to set an example to my fellow students 'cause I'm a vice in SC! but the ones I like the most is my upperclass students who comes and be friends!(most of them are guys! I don't know why the upperstudent girls don't want to be friends with us lowerclass students)

anyways it's more fun in CO-ED school Excited 'cause you'll get a boyfriend/girlfriend fast in there Wink

http://angel015.angels@hotmail.com

15co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 pm

elvenchild66

Plum
Plum

I like co-ed schools, for a multitude of reasons.
Mainly it gives you experience dealing with lots of people, and generally you are more likely also get a larger diversification of students from multiple backgrounds if its a co-ed school. Though that might just be a generality for my region of the US.

16co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:43 pm

maoer

Plum
Plum

there are pros and cons to going to either coed or one gendered school. but i think going to a coed is better, it prepares you for the world outside of school that is defendantly coed. Wink

17co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 pm

xXxDarkAngelxXx

xXxDarkAngelxXx
Plum
Plum

well, i dont think i'd mind that much but i kinda grew up with a bunch of guys so i like hanging out with guys more, if they're not being a jerk...

18co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 pm

shelly

shelly
Plum
Plum

Personally I prefer co-ed schools. I've always gone to co-ed schools and they just seem so much more, I don't know, fun? Most of my uni friends went to single sex schools and they just didn't have as many funny experiences it seemed to me xD Then again, I wouldn't know =P

19co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:29 pm

amytsu

amytsu
Strawberry
Strawberry

I think uni schools with brother/sister schools are pretty cool. ;D
But, Co-ed is better in its own way. Like for teachers...if its an all girls school, and there's like a guy teacher(s), I don't know if its stereotypical, but xD I'd be uncomfortable if I was that teacher. haha. same with an all boys school.

http://amytsu.deviantart.com

20co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Naga

Naga
Plum
Plum

Hm i go to Co Ed,
Thank god for it -_-. I wouldn't have anything to look forward to otherwise.
Funnily i noticed that my anime club at school is like 98% female o_O.
Now who would i have to enjoy anime with if they were all gone!?!

21co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 am

kawaiiusagichan

Plum
Plum

I love single-sex schools! There's only so much hanky-panky you can do with boys (like play cards during recess), but girls are more close-knit and you can do absolutely everything with them - hug, kiss, everything. It's great to have friends with the same sex as you.

22co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 am

senkikai

Plum
Plum

I go to Co-Ed!
I've actually done some research on this topic before (BRIEF research for an English thing)
Even though single sex schools have a lot of educational benefits, co-ed schools prepares you in a more realistic way for the real-world ^^
I'm a girl and funnily enough most of the people in the Digital Art (AKA anime club!) at my school is made of boys, and personally I find it a lot more fun that way :)
But it's mainly up to personal preference!

23co-ed or single sex schools? Empty Re: co-ed or single sex schools? Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 pm

naksi

Plum
Plum

i am at a coed school
i also like it

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum