Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you do to stay awake when you need to?

+41
loravic
kmcc217
xxanimexx
blub
erasable
bibi
angry.arg
luluchan
yem
yunxin123
avenia
chy
Kurohime
dreamcatcherHR
nutmegan
smellyfish
Ayumi
clora102
Lnhiang
Bunnie-Kun
blabberwocky
icy_cold
etineski
meropi
kujika
Mizuki040
yuna37
StarlightDreams
hikari1619
sharpie
lleufer
Gene
Gogo
sounchy
honeyflash
moonlit_rose
happyvampyre
scribblezo8
WingedAng3l
lovemikanxnatsume
kiwi99z
45 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

kiwi99z

Plum
Plum

I have finals coming up and am having a hard time staying awake to finish my projects at time. Right after I eat dinner, I usually get food coma and fall asleep until the next morning. I need to stay awake during the night to finish my projects for next week. Does anybody know of a way or method to stay awake a little bit longer? Drinking energy drinks, coffee, or green tea don't quite do it for me. Any suggestions?

lovemikanxnatsume

lovemikanxnatsume
Pineapple
Pineapple

I think it just better for you to sleep early and then wake early up to make some homework.
I'm doing that.

WingedAng3l

WingedAng3l
Lime
Lime

..............make myself hyper???
i just listen to really happy songs and sing
then i can stay up longer

http://sherbetlemonscan.blogspot.com/

scribblezo8

scribblezo8
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I would eat some sugary ice cream. . .
or eat something hot and warm
always works for me

http://www.sherbetlemon.heavenforum.com

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I try to study before I eat a lot, and if I have to study after dinner, then I study for a bit, go do something that I have to move around for (picking up my room, doing the dishes, playing with my puppy) then go back to studying. When I start to get bored or tired, I distract myself again, then go back, ect.

moonlit_rose

moonlit_rose
Pineapple
Pineapple

you could....blast your music (and wake up the whole house. j/k!), immerse youself in cold water, or just take a break and read a good manga!

honeyflash

Plum
Plum

hum...i think that llisten to music (pop music) or find something to eat or a person that you can chat with!

sounchy

Plum
Plum

Huh, I eat , it's a very bad habit, but it's the only way, and sometimes, I listen to the clips on MTV, even if I must concentrate on homework or things like that, because I need a background music…

Gogo

Gogo
Plum
Plum

Blasting my music doesn't help me. I had my playlist on the loud and angry music and on full blast and I still fell asleep. Also music distracts me if I need to read a boring textbook.

I think if you get sleepy go wash your face with cold water or eat some lollies or chocolate. Something that gives you sugar but doesn't fill you up to make you sleepy. Washing your face frequently might help, I mean it really wakes me up in the morning. Or do some other action that shocks the body or at least really stimulates your nerves.

I've never really had trouble staying awake if I need to do work. Especially if it's a project due soon. I only fall asleep if it's boring boring study lol. But like someone mentioned the best thing may be to just go to sleep earlier and then work early since eating makes you fall asleep. Seriously, I'm trying to sleep by 11pm each night and get up at 7am... it's working and I'm getting so much sleep and doing so much work.

Gene

Plum
Plum

Drink coffee and eat pop corn. Surely, I would be fat but I don't xD
Writing a poem or think something for the future and make some quiz or chat with people's in messenger.

lleufer

Plum
Plum

hmm.. i always stay awake even thou i dun need too...
it's hard 4 me to sleep at nite.. and also its hard for me to awake in the moring...
arggghh~~ dilemma...

but usually i ate a lot of snack.. listen to songs...online.. read mangas..
it's gonna make me stay awale all nite long...

one time i awake until 7 am to finish my project..
and i did nothing other than type.. type and ate a lot of snack of coz...

sharpie

Plum
Plum

lovemikanxnatsume wrote:I think it just better for you to sleep early and then wake early up to make some homework.
I'm doing that.

I totally agree, when I study for finals I always try to study for them a couple of weeks before they begin, though I should say I do procrastinate enough-ok well a lot ^^;

but sleep is very important if you want to function properly, so sleeping early, and then getting up early is a good good idea. As to the question of whether or not I can stay awake when I need to, I can, but it takes great effort T.T

hikari1619

hikari1619
Plum
Plum

i ususally read or watch anime and drink so soda or coffee to keep me occupied so that i can stay up. i ususally can stay up at night if i have something to do, if i am bored i'd go to sleep instead

StarlightDreams

StarlightDreams
Plum
Plum

Well, I could eat to keep myself awake. I could be watching TV too, but sometimes I fall asleep watching TV. Maybe watching an anime or reading a manga/novel. Keep the lights on. Keep an alarm on if you fall asleep easily but wake up easily too. Taking a shower should keep me awake.

yuna37

yuna37
Plum
Plum

Maybe you could take a 30 minute nap when you come home from school, then you might not be so tired after dinner.

Also, when you feel sleepy you should get off the chair and do some jumping or running around to get your heart pumping! That always helps me wake up when I get sleepy and I need to stay up longer.

Mizuki040

Plum
Plum

To stay awake, I usually take a shower! It really works for me!!

kujika

kujika
Plum
Plum

To stay awake I never drink something warm, that only relaxes your body and makes you more tired.
Staying awake if you're tired is bad, anyway... (I'm doing it too <.<)

Take a cold shower or simply wash you face with cold water, before that make some sport like jogging so that your blood pressure starts to work. After that you can be unhealthy and drink some coffee or eat glucose/dextrose? (German: Traubenzucker... well there are still some words I normally never use).

http://ice.and.snow.de.vu/

meropi

meropi
Plum
Plum

A large cup of coffee and a cold bath (not hot that relax you ) it's the best answer i think
but in the end sometimes whatever you do you simply can;t keep your eyes open!!!!

etineski

Plum
Plum

Oh for me.. i Just look at the comp screen then i wont be able to sleepp..heheh joke..

oh well, a tip... drink coke or coke zero..it helps you stay awake..but people should sleep somehow..its not good if always awake..will cause problems with your sleeping pattern and would make you even ugly..do u like that?

icy_cold

Plum
Plum

When I need to stay awake, I usually play loud music so the whole room is booming. But it's pretty annoying at times lol.

blabberwocky

Plum
Plum

When i need to stay awake i just do it, my record is about 5 days then i slept for around 24 hours, i probably should mention that i suffer from a wee bit of Insomnia

Bunnie-Kun

Bunnie-Kun
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

well usually I play my fast paced songs...or I just will myself to stay awake...always worked for meh o.o

Lnhiang

Plum
Plum

For me, if I really need to stay up, I put on music that I don't like. i also get myself a giant coffee or something to stay away. While trying to stay awake, I would also eat fruit like apple and strawberry. These really help me out alot.

clora102

Plum
Plum

Hmm...if I need to stay awake, it would have to be tea since coffee will do me no good. Reading mangas surely keeps me awake...

Ayumi

Plum
Plum

try to stay awake? i will always but an ugly cockroach infront of me if i want to stay awake (cuz i will definitely wouldn't dare to sleep XD)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum