Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saiunkoku Monogatari

+26
innesfree
Sateen
andromeda123
Lilytiger
Vilya
mikan_sandwich
maymay
etineski
rmr34
kagomilee
Dream_Lights
tachan
Kurohime
smellyfish
chocopanda
ichii
clora102
happyvampyre
Lnhiang
aoiko
shinjou
aznbabegal
whyanime
mikariangel
WingedAng3l
kujika
30 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 am

kujika

kujika
Plum
Plum

Saiunkoku Monogatari Saiunkoku3

Genres: Romance,Fantasy-Historical, Reverse Harem, a bit Gender-Bender,Adventure-Action, Politics
Seasons: 2
Episodes per seasons: 39

AMVs by me: Message

Opening: You Tube Season #1, You Tube Season #2 only new video
Ending: You Tube Season #2

The begining is kinda slow, which means it begins like any shoujo-romance anime would; with the main male lead falling in love with the main female lead *haha* In many ways this anime is "reverse", because the main female lead, Shuurei, daughter of the Kou clan, decided never to fall in love. Her dream is to become an official and to work at the palace for a better world. But she knows that this dream will never come true, since an out-dated law states that females are prohibited from entering the exams. Because of the begining many will say: "This is such a shoujo anime again." The truth is: The plot grows very slowly, and you will meet many characters along the way whom Shuurei attracts with her shining personality (someone inside the anime actually said she had a knack with people).

People who compare it to Fushigi Yuugi because of the Reverse Harem genre, forget something important: Shuurei has a strong, dependable character opposite to Miaka, she also is kinda ambitious but for all the right reasons (in my opinion). Also it is more understandable for her male supporters to fall in love with her/to like her.
Plus: Later on there are many who hate her guts so rest assured XD

I love her quick wits and personality-- award for my new anime female favourite :lol!: Sometimes she can be quite obnoxious (she is bossy and has a temper), but who is perfect?

The first season starts with her being a stand-in concubine for the new emperor, who isn't motivated enough to take his duty seriously. Something I forgot to mention afore: Though nobility, Shuurei's family is poor and since she was offered money she accepted. An assassination attempt follows that'll have a surprising explaination much later on in the series.

After that (episode 9) Shuurei hears that the Department of Treasury and Taxation seeks some stand-in employees for a month. Since she is who she is, she wants to work there and Kouyuu helps her. That is the "a bit gender-bender" thing I mentioned. In the end females are allowed at court, BUT it still has much opposition.

Shuurei takes the exams.

My most favourite episodes are the "Sa- Pronvince" episodes (I think 15-39, I'm not really sure). The story gets heavier and heavier, with more and more secret plots being explained that didn't even get much attention before.

Please tell me what you think of it or if you decide to watch it now ;)

Last edited by kujika on Mon May 12, 2008 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://ice.and.snow.de.vu/

2Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon May 12, 2008 7:46 am

WingedAng3l

WingedAng3l
Lime
Lime

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~! I WATCHED THIS!
...... :oops: the amount of hot bishies in that show is uncountable but i still liked it!
................btw i like seiran and shuurei

http://sherbetlemonscan.blogspot.com/

3Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon May 12, 2008 8:26 am

kujika

kujika
Plum
Plum

I also love the lyrics of the opening. Forgot which sub group translated it, sorry ^-^*

O first gust of wind, deliver this message
"I shall always believe in you."

Even though I now stand in the world I had dreamt back then
the scenery I look out over stiffens my legs a little.
But I won't look back, because I decide to keep walking.
Are you looking up at this same sky... with its seven-coloured rainbow?

O first gust of wind, deliver this message
I ran into this dream so I could watch over you from behind

O soaring wind, clothed in sunlight...let's take flight on these free wings.

4Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon May 12, 2008 8:23 pm

mikariangel

mikariangel
Pineapple
Pineapple

omg!!!!!!!!!! i loved this... although i stopped half way, i dunno why.. thanx for reminding me to pick this back up.. ^^

5Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 pm

whyanime

whyanime
Pineapple
Pineapple

Oh yeah. There is no comparison with this series and Fushigi Yugi. Miaka was just damn annoying, always whining...I think that the series would have been better if they didn't make the heroine sooo annoying.

I love this anime!! The art work is great and on top of that...LOTS OF BISHIES!!!! Though I must say the storyline has become a bit of a drag. My favorite was the beginning when Shuurei and his highness first met. Then after that it was all .... eh. I still keep up with it just to see who Shuurei ends up with =D, but I wish the storyline would get more exciting, more action, more romance. I HATE POLITICS!!!!!

6Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 am

aznbabegal

omgeee this was sooo lke fushigi yyugi so i loveedd it wellll thought the storyyy as diff it reminds me of ti by the art n all sad how she didnt end up wif anyonelike some other animeeess

7Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Wed May 14, 2008 2:23 am

shinjou

Pineapple
Pineapple

i saw this in animax and it's called the colorcloud palace, but since i like the drawings.. i dont care that the anime is in english dub with my country (indonesia)'s subtitles.. ahahhah.. but once i fed up with the english dub, so i turn to the mangas, but the mangas stopped to volume 2 (the scans i mean) and there's no news about it ever since, though it says it's still ongoing.. ehehhee.. i really, really like this cause it's so funny!!! ehhehehhehe...

8Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 am

aoiko

I can't wait until the ending of it. I really want to know who she'll be with. It seems like it is getting more and more interesting as the episodes go on.

9Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Wed May 14, 2008 6:50 am

kujika

kujika
Plum
Plum

Well, sure, if you only want the female to find a male and we-know-the-rest, just stick with other anime (don't know the end of Fushigi Yuugi, does she end up with someone) ;)

'Cause this female doesn't want to be a rose, she wants to be thorns (who knows the manga/anime may remember the Bara-Hime story), so no man can touch her (I think part of the reason is the thing with Sa Sakujun. Since she had always known males as friends and allies she had no defense against the likes of him). Anyway, I'm not a fan of politics and normally ignore all those anime/manga. But with this one I found out that I just dislike "real" politics and warpolitics, which this anime doesn't have (fortunately). Don't misunderstand: The politics in there are pretty sharp and sometimes really complicated, but I don't think you could use many of them today.

10Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Fri May 16, 2008 11:59 am

Lnhiang

Plum
Plum

I watched the whole series of this anime. I even watch the second season. The beginning was very good, but toward the ending, I was a little disappointed. But all in all, the anime was funny and fun to watch. I recommend people to watch this anime.

11Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Sat May 17, 2008 5:43 pm

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

This anime seriously reminds me of a manga (the drawing style and the appearance of the characters...) anyone know what one?

12Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Sun May 18, 2008 2:06 pm

clora102

Plum
Plum

I really like the first part of Saiunkoku Monogatari, especially when she meets the evil villain Sakuji...I think she was somehow infatuated with him and couldn't decide whether to like him as a person or hate him for his evil scheming.

13Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 pm

ichii

Plum
Plum

This is one of my favorite series right now, i have been keeping up to date with the most current episodes for season two XD and i have to say its one of the best anime!! I really like how the main character is portrayed differently compared to most stories. She's smart, pretty, and helpful. Not like all the typical shoujo when they ALWAYS have to have a stupid, not so pretty, and useless girl that cries every time...=\

14Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty love Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:13 am

chocopanda

whyanime wrote:Oh yeah. There is no comparison with this series and Fushigi Yugi. Miaka was just damn annoying, always whining...I think that the series would have been better if they didn't make the heroine sooo annoying.

I love this anime!! The art work is great and on top of that...LOTS OF BISHIES!!!! Though I must say the storyline has become a bit of a drag. My favorite was the beginning when Shuurei and his highness first met. Then after that it was all .... eh. I still keep up with it just to see who Shuurei ends up with =D, but I wish the storyline would get more exciting, more action, more romance. I HATE POLITICS!!!!!

I LOVE YOUR "THE ONE" poster? or ad this manga is so good but i wish i can read chinese? or if people translate it. where can i get
one.
Anyways I love this anime and manga but its so slow. I also wish there was more romance and action.. haha just to pick up the story.. I don't know how many there are but probably 39??can't wait to have a complete box set of it

15Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 am

aoiko

I think it is good. Yet I hope they just end it already, I think it is long. Even the manga is taking forever to finish.

16Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:08 pm

smellyfish

Plum
Plum

i like shuurei's go-getter personality. she actually does things! which makes this series all themore enjoyable though i hope she ends up with ryuuki.

17Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 am

Kurohime

Plum
Plum

Great series Love~~
plot is amazingly well-balanced ^_^ When I watched 1st season and first 30 episodes of the 2nd I never got an urge to stop for a sec, because there was nothing that could disturb perception and enjoying it ^_^
I like the way it doesn't revolve only around romance... and its elements of historical are nice for an eye ^_^ (I started watching it solely because it was pseudo-historical)
There are a lot of characters but theu all in their places... I couldn't find even one, who I could find unnecessary. That's reamarkable ^_^ 'cause usually lots of charas just create chaos and turn off from watching T_T

18Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:53 pm

tachan

Plum
Plum

I like this and am anxious for the second season. I'm not watching it until it is subbed completely because I won't be patient enough to wait for the next sub as they are released sporadically.

19Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Dream_Lights

Dream_Lights
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

hmm............there is a second season............did the first ended? i don't remember since its been so long since i watched it.

20Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 am

kagomilee

Plum
Plum

Mmm...how I hope this anime have season 3 but so sad, there's no because the 2nd season end meaninglessly

21Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:32 am

rmr34

rmr34
Plum
Plum

I like it, the series is great, and I love the characters.. I just recently watched up to 13 eps of the 2nd season. I just wish there was a little more romance in it, between well Shuurei and any of the bishounens. I was loving how the one guy taken in by her uncle, I forgot his name! D: Anyway, he was so funny and cute when he was around her. And the romance between To and the girl was cute. I like Shuurei, she is smart, and strong-willed, unlike many shoujo leads, but sometimes I want to knock her in the head. How can she not be in love with Ryuuki or Seiran?! Is she blind!? I know she might think of Seiran as a brother figure, but.... >.< He's just so hot, and... >> And Ryuuki is really a sweet guy.
Maybe more development will come along between them in the anime or manga.
Anyway, without alot of romance, I say it still is a great series. Bishounens are the main issue in the anime and I like the eye candy.

Also, do they show the face of the mask guy in later eps!? or in the manga?

http://ruthloveskurama.myspace.com

22Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 am

etineski

Plum
Plum

hmm welp this one been so great i fell in love with it..problem ish i read some novel stuff and am hating the story now! b ut yer so far so good i hope that shuurei would end up with emperor

23Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 am

maymay

Plum
Plum

I have watched the first season and I have not watched the full 2nd season and I think the episodes are still being subbed. Its sad if ends meaninglessly, so does it means nothing happens between shuurei and Ryuuki?.

24Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:07 am

mikan_sandwich

Plum
Plum

I love this anime ever! its one of my favorites. The political story of it is smart and romantic! XD i cant believe you have the link for the season 2... im watching it right now!

25Saiunkoku Monogatari Empty Re: Saiunkoku Monogatari Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Vilya

Vilya
Pineapple
Pineapple

For those who are interested in the novel there are English summaries here. Currently there are 14 books out that go quite a bit farther than the anime.

Also, do they show the face of the mask guy in later eps!? or in the manga?

In the manga, chapter 14 and 15 you see his face. This site has scans for the manga and novels.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum