Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Kingdom series

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Old Kingdom series Empty Old Kingdom series Mon May 12, 2008 2:16 am

Rosalia

Rosalia
Plum
Plum

The Old Kingdom series (also known as the Abhorsen series in North America) is a trilogy of books by Garth Nix. It begins with Sabriel, then Lirael and concludes with Abhorsen. In addition, a supplement to the series entitled Nicholas Sayre and the Creature in the Case was released, first separately for World Book Day and later as the lead story of the short story collection Across the Wall: A Tale of the Abhorsen and Other Stories. A second short story, An Extract of the Journal of Idrach the Lesser Necromancer, was written with exclusive distribution through the official Abhorsen Trilogy web site. Garth Nix has recently signed a reported seven figure deal for three new titles, with two being additions to the Old Kingdom series, a prequel and a sequel; the first, which has the working title Clariel: The Lost Abhorsen, will appear in 2010 and 2011.

I will get old by waiting to end this series but I hope that I won't be disappointed in the end, through I like it very much.

Last edited by Rosalia on Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Old Kingdom series Empty Re: Old Kingdom series Mon May 12, 2008 1:02 pm

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

I agree. The Abhorsen series (especially Lireal) drew me into Garth Nix's work, but I'm tired of waiting for all his books. They take such a long time to be released! I still keep a look out for his work, but his books are no longer on the top of my priority list.

3Old Kingdom series Empty Re: Old Kingdom series Thu May 15, 2008 1:38 am

blabberwocky

Plum
Plum

i prefer Sabriel the first book but it depends on how ppl think i guess

4Old Kingdom series Empty Re: Old Kingdom series Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Luthien

Yeah those are his best books. The keys to the kingdom (I think that's what it's called) is no where near up to par. But it would be soooo good if there was a sequel and prequel!

5Old Kingdom series Empty Re: Old Kingdom series Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:07 pm

story645

Plum
Plum

Luthien wrote:Yeah those are his best books. The keys to the kingdom (I think that's what it's called) is no where near up to par.
Keys to the Kingdom is a totally different audience-it's for kids, whereas the Abhorsen trilogy is squarely aimed at teens.

When I first read it, I liked Sabriel best, but as the series got on (and especially 'cause of Across the Wall) Lireal grew on me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum