Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perfect Girl Evolution (a.k.a The wallflower)

+29
hunny2thebes2
Kyliam
alexandrak15
LightDreamer
aline
SamanthaDS
shizu
vilandra
Shi-koi
libraryrocker
drew_aurora
meganmouse27
triny
shadowhearts
obscurayue
elvenchild66
nemo
azerty1709
snowwingz
baueke39
mika_88
gatita
alana
yem
bvanessa
SarStarDrusk03
KiKi_burgers
happyvampyre
chy
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

chy

Plum
Plum

Has anyone read this manga??
Here is a synopsis from wikipedia:

The Wallflower is about Sunako Nakahara, a girl who was called "ugly" by a boy, the first and only person to whom she confessed her love. This incident sparks a life change, and as a result Sunako shuns all forms of beauty, both in herself as well as in life. Concerned by her change for the worst, Sunako's aunt, the owner of a beautiful mansion where four very handsome students live, offers the guys free rent in her mansion if they can turn Sunako into a "perfect lady" (referred to in Japan as the titular Yamato Nadeshiko).

While the four of them manage to make Sunako physically beautiful enough to become a lady, the problem lies with her attitude and interests (which Sunako has no intention of changing). Up until the most recent release in the story, they've managed to convince Sunako's aunt that her niece is indeed a lady befitting the mansion in which they live (and prevent the rent from skyrocketing to triple the required amount). However, in reality, Sunako has not changed considerably.

Personally, the art is somehow different to other shoujo mangas. but i do say, it is a really funny manga. Sunako's character is a really interesting character. She's really different to the girls from other shoujo mangas. As in she likes blood, guts, horror movies, even thrillers.... I believe that she and kyouhei really make a nice couple!!

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

This is my favorite manga, as well as being the first I ever read. I adore Sunako and the boys. Sunako is such a unique character; I have never seen her personality duplicated in the literary world. The boys all have really distinct personalities as well; you can tell what they would do when put into situations.

I really love the artwork. It is more realistic than manga-art, and the eyes look awesome.

KiKi_burgers

KiKi_burgers
Strawberry
Strawberry

I love Sunako! she so cool and spazzy and dark <3

what would happen if she was a real person?

happyvampyre

happyvampyre
Sherbet Lemon
Sherbet Lemon

The world would be a better place, and I would have one more friend. That I stole stuff from.

I keep reading the scanlations online, but I don't know what volume they're up to in Japan. Does anyone know?

SarStarDrusk03

Plum
Plum

I feel like this story isn't going anywhere and also i want the main character to get together but its already volume 19 and yet i see nothing going on and she still haven't alteast turn into somekind of lady

bvanessa

bvanessa
Plum
Plum

I love this story, So funny! Sunako is so odd and original; that makes me laugh all the time. The other characters are all cool and cute!

yem

Plum
Plum

Oh I've read this... At first it was really good but then after a while it got cumbersome and so I stopped reading it. It's too dragging..

alana

Plum
Plum

i like this manga so much !!!!!!

but ... it is taking sooo much to make any progress!!! i´m geting sooo curius
i want to know what will happen with those two!!!

gatita

Plum
Plum

I really, really liked the first volumes. Especially because of Sunako's personality. But as time went on, it keeps getting repetitive. Too bad.

mika_88

yah! i know yamato nadeshiko shichi henge...

i think the scanlations are stalled, i also don't know if the scanlations are ongoing.... T_T

baueke39

baueke39
Plum
Plum

Sunako's personality is the absolute BEST Excited
I love all the different cothes/costumes she wears
and her reactions to everything are priceless

http://baueke39.deviantart.com/

12Perfect Girl Evolution (a.k.a The wallflower) Empty Sunako x Kyohei Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:18 am

snowwingz

Go Sunako!

Yes I totally love sunako and kyohei. they're one of my fave couples Love

azerty1709

Plum
Plum

this manga is the best of the best sunako is so nice with her ddark side and kyohei is so bishounen

nemo

nemo
Plum
Plum

Love this manga, what Sunako gets up to is hilarious. <__< I'm probably going to take a break from it for a while though, it's dragging a bit at the moment. Hopefully there'll be more SunakoXTakano in the later chapters, they're so sweet together...and funny, too... XD

elvenchild66

Plum
Plum

I love this series. <_< I serious sit around waiting for the series to be released onto an online reader site. I look like a ping pong ball the way I go from site to site waiting for it to appear.

Sunako is so cute, and honestly very real like, I have a friend who has very similar issues (not the four hot guys living with her, but the ugly, hermit issues, but she isn't good at cooking.)

obscurayue

Plum
Plum

I was a big fan of this series, but it has gotten very repetitive. I've gotten bored with it. I still read it occasionally for a laugh.

shadowhearts

Plum
Plum

It isn't the ordinary shoujo manga, but that's what makes it so special and funny. It's one of my favourites

triny

Plum
Plum

It's my favourite also...Sunako and Kyouhei are the best couple ever

meganmouse27

Plum
Plum

I love this manga. I just wish Sunako and Kyouhei get together eventually, its a bit of a let down that there hasn't really been much development between them.

drew_aurora

Plum
Plum

I love this series but can't see where it's going so it's in the
"potentially good but not really yet" list XDDD It is an entertaining
read though! Sunako's a really cute character (Btw, is anyone watching
the recent live action based on this series? Is it any good?)

libraryrocker

Plum
Plum

I really want all the other guys to find love too!  This manga is super funny though, funny and random.  I'm getting kind of tired waiting for Sunako and Kyouhei to end up together though!

Shi-koi

Shi-koi
Plum
Plum

drew_aurora wrote:I love this series but can't see where it's going so it's in the
"potentially good but not really yet" list XDDD It is an entertaining
read though! Sunako's a really cute character (Btw, is anyone watching
the recent live action based on this series? Is it any good?)

The live action version is actually pretty good, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan of Kamenashi Kazuya (the guy playing Kyohei). It's similar to the manga, but it isn't just a live byplay of the events in the manga, which I was a bit disappointed about.

On the other hand, it's staying true to the spirit of the manga and they're doing an amazing job of translating manga-world into real-world events. There a few scenes which are even better than the manga, and I really cannot wait for the next episode to be subbed!

=^__~=

http://shi-koi.livejournal.com/

vilandra

Plum
Plum

I love this series. Sunako Nakahara is great and funny to watch and Sunako's personality is the absolute BEST

shizu

Plum
Plum

This is one of my favorite mangas, i hope to see the end soon and a "bright" future for Sunako and Kyouhei.

SamanthaDS

SamanthaDS
Plum
Plum

I absolutely adore this manga. I love Sunako and Kyouhei together. I can't wait to see them realize they love each other. =D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum